Monday, November 30, 2015

Colins first Halloween!


Super Madelyn!!!!  Your Aunt Kathleen, Uncle Jim and Fox cousins send you the best gifts, you love dressing up and wearing capes, and who wouldn't want to be rescued by such a cute girl?!
Some fun Madelyn facts:
*Your new thing, "hold on, let me count to one.  One...two...three...four...five...," and so on.  No clue where you go this but you put both hands up in front of you when you say it. 
*Sing ABCs while you wash your hands.
*You are POTTY TRAINED!  You are such a smart girl :)
*You copy and mimic a lot, hand crossing, dancing, drinking and eating what we are...etc. 
*You randomly started to pretend to eat invisible food.  Just tonight I said, time for bed Madelyn, and you responded with, "let me get my peas, broccoli and macaroni."  Then you pick at the air for your fake food and carry it upstairs. 
*Along the lines of imitating us, you definitely repeat Mama all the time, hands up you will say slowly, "you need to calm down."  I say this when Baby Colin is really crying, and now you say it to Daddy and I if we talk to loud! "It's ok, it's ok, it's ok."  I also say the same things over and over when Colin is crying while holding and bouncing him, so you have started saying certain things multiple times, if you drop something, "it's ok, it's ok, it's ok."  If you fall, "I'm ok, I'm ok, I'm ok." Hah, you are a funny girl for sure. 

   

My little trick or treaters all ready for the holiday!
First Halloween for this stud!
Little scarecrow and our sweet cupcake for Halloween 2015!  Madelyn, you got so many compliments on your costume, and, I have to take all the credit since I made it.  Home made costumes are the best but your sweet personality really stole a lot of hearts on Halloween.  You ran house to house yelling, "I'm going to say, trick or treat, happy Halloween, then THANK YOU!!"  The first house you were so excited you yelled, "happy birthday!!"
We had a blast our first Halloween on Millcrest; we have already started making such great memories in our new home, love family pictures on our front porch and all of our super friendly neighbors we have gotten to know.
Daddy made you a nice shelter on your wagon for the short ride home once it started raining, as it usually does on Halloween!
Grandma and Grandpa came to see these cuties in their costumes and help pass out candy



This picture does a great job summing up my days at home with these cuties.  We try to do something fun usually in the morning, a park, play date or the library, then the rest of the day is running around, between playing dress up, drinking fake tea and coloring tons of pictures Mama is busy cooking and cleaning while trying to keep smiles on these faces!  I wouldn't trade it for anything, I love the crazy days, I love the not so productive days when someone just needs lots of snuggles, and it's ALWAYS exciting when Daddy gets home!!



No comments:

Post a Comment